Thursday, February 7, 2008

Where Have All The Cowgirls Gone?

I have one question for all of you. When did the Japanese develop dream reading technology, and why are they reading my dreams? Ok, technically that’s two questions, but bear with me. I’d been cruising around kotaku.com the other day, which is a great site for video game news when I found this intriguing image.

Turns out there’s a pretty popular (wonder why) videogame series in Japan called OneeChanbara. Roughly translated to big sister sword fighting, Oneechanbara features a bikini wearing cowgirl sword fighter named Aya battling hordes of zombies who bleed so much if you don’t clean your sword regularly it gets harder to wield.

I’ve never played these games, though they may be coming to the states for the Nintendo Wii and X-Box 360. None of this, however is important. The fact that this franchise is now a LIVE ACTION MOVIE is.

Aya is joined by Saki the schoolgirl and Reiko the cop who are also playable in the games. I own a lot of wacky Asian cinema, but this one may take the cheesecake. Just look at these shots and tell me you won’t be searching for this on ebay.











This may just knock the Dark Knight from my number one spot of most anticipated film of 2008……enjoy.

One more thing....

Thank you Japanese dream reading technology…..